Our Lady of Boronyavo
Home
About Us
Contact Us
The Shrine
News
Photo Gallery
Links
Support MSMGB

Eparchy of Mukachevo Gallery

Click on any image to see it full size in a separate window.



Bishop Milan celebrating the Christmas Liturgy outside of the former Greek Catholic Church in Benedykivsti, Moroz. The Russian Orthodox will neither share the old church nor return it, and all Catholic services must be held outdoors no matter what the weather.


The singing of the Creed at the same Liturgy.




Members of the Greek Catholic parish.


The congregation around the altar.


This woman was a young girl when the Greek Catholic Church was suppressed in 1949. Will she be able to pray in a church before her death after 60 years of faithfulness?


The next time you complain that your church is too hot or too cold, think of this young priest who is serving people without any kind of a church, and who offers the Holy Sacrifice on a folding table outside.


Dedication of a small chapel, Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Solishvo, Tyachiv region. This chapel is built without nails, as the tradition is to build a wooden church without nails so as not to pierce the Body of Christ again as on the Cross. Unfortunately, the Body of Christ is pierced by division in Transcarpathia and crippled by poverty and prejudice. The chapel will not hold all the worshippers, but there is not enough money to build larger churches.


Bishop Milan Sasik, CM, Apostolic Administrator of the Eparchy of Mukachevo, at a press conference in 2009.


Candles are lit in front of a new plaque in Uzhhord city, near the cathedral, commemorating those who were tortured to death, died in exile to the Gulag, or otherwise suffered for their fidelity to the Greek Catholic Church, 1945-1989.


The congregation in Holy Cross Cathedral, February 15, 2009, for the Feast of the Presentation of Our Lord in the Temple (Old Calendar).


Divine Liturgy for Feast of Three Holy Hierarchs, 31 January 2009, at the former chapel of the Uzhgorod Castle. The Greek Catholic Seminary of the Three Holy Hierarchs was located at the Castle in 1776. It was closed in 1944 during the Soviet invasion, then partially reopened on the second floor under the direction of Blessed Theodore Romzha in 1945. The seminary buildings were progressively confiscated, and finally shut down entirely in 1947.



Home :: About Us :: Contact Us :: The Shrine :: News :: Photo Gallery :: Links :: Support MSMGB
Email The Mission Society

1838 Palomas Drive NE :: Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110 :: Fax: (505) 256-1278
Copyright 2010 :: The Mission Society